A Big Thank You to our Sponsors & Volunteers!
Medicine Wheel has had a fantastic summer so far and we really want to thank the following people and organizations for their support in 2008 and 2009. In no particular order, our thanks go out to:
- Whole Foods Market - These guys were fantastic, showing up for two different work days with over 35 people to help us finish the singletrack project in Bear Creek Park.
- Bristol Brewery - Besides being our unofficial beer sponsor (every club should have one) and making some tasty brews, the folks at Bristol came out and spent an afternoon helping Medicine Wheel to finish up the Bear Creek singletrack.
- Recreational Equipment, Inc. - REI donated $10,000 to the Bear Creek Singletrack project. That speaks for itself.
- El Paso County - The whole Bear Creek Singletrack project happened because the county invited Medicine Wheel to help with the design and construction of the course, which was recently featured as the venue for the resurrected Sand Creek Race Series.
- SRAM, Inc.- You may know them as the makers of Rock Shox, SRAM Components, or Truvative, but a whole bunch of people from their local engineering facility came out and volunteered for a trail maintenance day in Ute Valley Park (where they test a lot of their gear). More trail maintenance, as well as a couple of trail re-routes, are planned with SRAM, so stay tuned.
- LSI Logic - Another group provided by one of our local companies, they worked for hours in Ute Valley Park just last week to help maintain the trails there.
- Classic Homes - The Classic Companies Charitable Fund of the Pikes Peak Community Foundation made a very generous donation of cash to Medicine Wheel Trail Advocates, which will help us greatly in advocating for trails throughout the Pikes Peak region. A lot of the people at Classic are cyclists and we appreciate their support.
- Colorado Springs Cycling Club - The CSCC held an auction of a New Belgium cruiser bike and raised proceeds of nearly $1,600.00 which they presented to Medicine Wheel this week. Thanks guys!
- Suzanne DeVore and Mark Seaton - They were the lucky winners of the New Belgium cruiser and decided to send Medicine Wheel an extra $25.00! Wow, thank you Suzanne and Mark!
- Sigma Metals - Donated the design and construction of the new posts for one of the teeter totters in the Red Rock Canyon skills park, after the old one had some maintenance issues. Thank you Sigma.
We also would like to thank all the individual volunteers who have given their valuable time help MWTA do its job. We at Medicine Wheel Trail Advocates couldn't do what we do without the generous support of our community.
Our other sponsors
Please visit and buy lots of stuff from our sponsors.
Their generosity helps keep Medicine Wheel rolling along.
5660 N. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80918-3659
Brian's Bicycle Repair
110 S. Sierra Madre Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3314
Bristol Brewing Company
1647 S. Tejon Street Colorado Springs, CO 80906-2215
Criterium Bike Shop
6150 Corporate Dr. Colorado Springs, CO
719-599-0149 or 888-404-3641
The Colorado Springs Independent
121 E. Pikes Peak Ave.. Colo. Spgs., CO
King's Chef Diner
110 East Costilla. Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Old Town Bike Shop
426 S. Tejon Street Colorado Springs, CO 80903